Glenwood Cemetery in Collinsville was established as a pioneer cemetery in 1822 on an acre of land donated by William B. Collins, and was known as Collinsville Cemetery. The burial site was sold to the Trustees of the First United Presbyterian Church in 1847 by Mrs. Elizabeth Collins. In 1884 the cemetery was expanded and the name changed to Glenwood Cemetery. The site was proclaimed an Historical Landmark in 2011.
Glenwood Cemetery is the story of Collinsville. The founders and earliest residents as well as veterans of every war are interred here, making Glenwood Cemetery a reflection of the history of our community and a silent guardian of our past.
Glenwood Cemetery is open to all without regard to nationality or religion. Choice burial parcels are available. To obtain information about lot availability and pricing, please contact:
THE FIRST UNITED PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
201 EAST CHURCH STREET
COLLINSVILLE, ILLINOIS 62234